Writers Companion takes the user through the entire writing process from brainstorming ideas to publishing their final draft. Use it as a simple single-page graphic writing program, appropriate for a six-year-old or as a sophisticated writing program capable of creating term papers in college. Writer's Companion is designed to engage even the most reluctant writers in the writing process. Writer's Companion has five distinct sections:
- Brainstorm: In this mode the user simply creates text boxes and writes any idea they have related to the theme of their story or essay.
- Organize: In this mode the user can chose from any of three ways of organizing their ideas: clustering, timeline, and Venn Diagram. Each of these graphic organizers is used for different types of writing. Clustering can be used for any type of story or essay. Timeline can be used any type of writing that is sequential in nature, like recipes or directions. Venn Diagram is great for compare and contrast.
- Sequence: This part of the program allows you put the ideas you have related in the proper sequence and ready to create a rough draft.
- Rough Draft: Once you have your ideas and have organized them, this part of the program, puts them together as one document and allows you to start the editing process. In Rough Draft you can choose between seeing your document as an outline or in paragraph form.
- Publish: Once you have edited your document, you are ready to put on the finishing touches like formatting your document, adding fonts, and adding graphics. It is in this part of the program you will either print your document or publish it digitally as an email or web page.
Contents: 1 CD, 1 guide