The PACER Simon Technology Center’s Lending Library is open to any resident of the United States with an annual membership fee for parents, consumers and professionals. Membership fees are non-refundable. No family or consumer will be denied access based on the inability to pay the membership fee. Below are the types of library memberships that are available.
Assistive Technology Lending Library
STC Lending Library membership options for residents of Minnesota:
- $200/year for professionals and organizations. There is no limit to how many staff a district can designate on a membership, however each district can only check out a collective total of eight items and eight iOS apps at a time. The loan period is 4 weeks. Consider a second professional and organizational membership if there is a need to collectively check out more items and apps.
- $50/year for parents and consumers. These members can check out up to 4 items and 4 iOS apps at a time. The loan period is 4 weeks.
- MN STAR membership is free for parents, consumers and professionals that are MN residents and allows access to items that are provided by the MN STAR Program. The MN STAR inventory is a smaller subset of the STC inventory available to the library members living in Minnesota and can be found by clicking on the "MN STAR" tab towards the bottom of our inventory page.
STC Lending Library membership options for out of state members:
- $250.00/annual membership for professionals or organizations.
- $100.00/annual membership for parents, guardians, and consumers.
** Please use Google Chrome as your Browser for best results! **
To sign up for a membership — click “Create Account” in the upper right corner of this page.
Follow the steps:
- Sign up with a username and password
- Go to your account settings and find "Membership Options"
- Select a membership level and complete payment process.
- Please be sure to read and initial our policies and procedures form as well as our device loan survey agreement.
- Update your contact information.
* Assistive technology can be any device or service that helps children with disabilities participate more independently in life. Ranging from simple adaptations to highly sophisticated technology, AT helps people communicate, learn, live independently, be included, and success at home, school and work.
If you have any questions while navigating the site, please contact Lending Library staff at 952-838-9000 or email@example.com.